LOSSA GOLF 2016
Welcome back all you golf coaches. Please find attached what we have set up for this fall.
OFSAA GOLF (Port Elgin) October 12/13th (entry deadline Oct 6th)
LOSSA SHAMBLE (Wolf Run) September 22nd (entry to Glenn by Sept 19th)
Wolf Run Shamble $37/golfer Includes round, lunch. (8:45 am shotgun.)
- SHAMBLE FORMAT.
- PLAYING WITH A MEMBER FROM YOUR SCHOOL AGAINST A PAIR FROM ANOTHER SCHOOL.
- ALL PLAYERS TEE OFF AT EACH HOLE.
- SELECT THE BEST SHOT. OTHER PLAYER PICKS UP THEIR BALL AND PLACE IT WITHIN ONE CLUB LENGTH OF THE BEST SHOT. (NO CLOSER TO THE HOLE)
- EACH PLAYER HITS THEIR BALL FROM THIS LOCATION.
- CONTINUE UNTIL EACH OF YOU PUTT OUT.
- THE SCORE YOU WRITE DOWN IS THE SMALLEST NUMBER!!
- WHITE TEES.
- REPLACE DIVOTS, REPAIR BALL MARKS AND THANK YOUR PLAYING PARTNERS, GOLF COURSE WORKERS AND YOUR COACH!
If you would like to be included in this day, please email Glenn asap to reserve your spots. You must have an even number of golfers as this is a paired event. Coaches are encouraged to participate as well to assist in their supervision.
LOSSA STROKE $90/golfer Includes both rounds. (8 am shotgun.)
LOSSA BOYS GOLF PLAYING REGULATIONS
Official Rules: As per R.C.G.A. except as modified by the convenor.
- School teams may consist of more than 4 players, but only 4 will play on the tournament date(s). The team score shall be determined by taking the sum of the best 3 scores, each day, for each team.
- Ties between teams shall be settled in the following manner:
- i) The team with the lowest 4th score shall be the winner.
- ii) If time and the golf course will allow it, a sudden death playoff will occur between the teams which are tied. All 4 players on each team will play with the team score being the sum of the best 3 scores. The 4th score will be used only to settle a tie.
iii) Retrogression may be used. The team with the highest aggregate score (all 4 players) on the last hole played during the tournament will be the winner.
- Ties for low gross will be settled as follows:
- i) Sudden death playoff.
- ii) Retrogression, i.e. highest score on the last hole played during the tournament will be the winner.
Format Boy’s Stroke Play:
Day 1: Shot gun start.
Cut for Day 2 participation, top 72 golfers and ties only.
Day 2: Crossover.
Note: You must have 3 golfers to be eligible for the team championship…If your team score is in the top 5,
after the first day, your third best golfer, even if above the cut must be deemed eligible to play.
Other Information: Team Awards
Gold, silver and bronze medals in each division.
To register your student/golfers for the LOSSA event, to be eligible for OFSAA, you must submit your list of four golfers, in order from best to worst, to Ben by 3pm Friday September 30th, 2016.
Eligibilty forms and fee’s for this event are due, no later than 7am, Day 1 of LOSSA.
- You must have a coach present the entire time your golfers are at the golf course.
- That supervisor/coach will be walking the round with a group of golfers.
- All cheques/transfers please send to RS McLaughlin CVI, attention Glenn, LOSSA Golf.
- All athletes must be submitted on AELS too.
- Any questions/concerns please contact either Ben or Glenn.